This tasty strawberry coconut overnight oats recipe is packed with protein, fiber, and complex-carbs to keep you full until your next meal!
Oats are a staple for me. I eat them EVERYDAY for breakfast.
They're loaded with fiber and healthy carbs so you won't be starving within 1 hour of eating. This is essential if you have other things to do then plan 50 different meals to eat throughout the day.
When i'm in a rush, overnight oats are my go-to recipe.
You can prepare this recipe a day or two in advance and just grab it and go in the morning.
It's so easy! And literally takes 5 minutes or less to prep in advance.
For this overnight oats recipe, I use plain Lifeway Kefir instead of Greek yogurt to add in protein and make it extra creamy.
Lifeway Kefir is 99% lactose free and is a powerful probiotic which makes it great for improving digestion and gut health, which is why I swap it for the Greek Yogurt.
I've been struggling with bloating for the past few months, and Kiefer has really helped get my body back on track!
I also add chia seeds and flax seeds to this recipe to pack it with even more protein and fiber.
Plus…you can never go wrong with strawberries and coconut. Yum! It's like a tropical island exploded in your mouth.
With this quick and easy recipe skipping “breakfast days” are over! It’s a perfect grab and go snack too. Try it yourself and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. :)
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #live2thriveKS so I can see all the tasty recipes you make. ♥
Start to Finish: 5 minutes
- 1/3 cup rolled whole oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/4 cup plain Kefir or non-fat plain Greek yogurt (can use coconut Kefir/yogurt to make dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, or unsweetened dairy-free milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened coconut flakes
- OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon of natural sweetener of your choice (honey, agave nectar, stevia)
- Mix the oats, flax seeds, and chia seeds in a small mason jar or bowl. Add the kefir or Greek yogurt and milk. Stir well.
- Place the lid on the jar or cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- In the morning, remove the lid or plastic wrap. Top the oats with the strawberry slices and coconut flakes. Enjoy!