These are the BEST gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo-approved brownies! They’re so fudgy, gooey, and incredibly easy to make. If you’re looking for a chocolatey treat that you can feel good about eating, look no further. These brownies are for you!
I know a lot of people say that their recipes are the best, but these brownies are seriously DAMN GOOD! I know chocolate and desserts, and this is one of those go-to recipes that can never go wrong.
I mean who doesn’t love chocolate, almond butter, and bananas? It’s a deathly good combo that you don’t have to feel bad about eating. SCORE!
My friend Erin made a version of this recipe for one of our “healthy-themed” girls nights. Even though we indulged in a few glasses of red wine…ok more like a few bottles, our dessert was still truly healthy, so i don’t feel bad 😉
And let me just say, red wine + these brownies = HEAVEN!
Everything I make is gluten-free and SIMPLE, so you know these brownies are no exception. You literally combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, mix them together with a fork, and then pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
If you like your brownies extra fudgy, make sure to use really ripe bananas. I made these brownies once with yellow bananas and they came out a little dry. The riper the banana, the more gooey the brownies!
You will know your brownies are done when your toothpick comes out a little wet. If it's completely clean, they won’t be that gooey, so don’t be afraid to under-cook them! Since this recipe is dairy-free and egg-free, you don’t have to worry about getting sick, which also means you can sneak in a couple licks of the batter…my favorite part!
I recommend eating them warm with an extra tablespoon of nut-butter on-top. So good! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #live2thriveKS so I can see all the tasty recipes you make. ♥
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 scoop of Orgain chocolate protein powder, or any chocolate protein powder (20-25 grams of protein per scoop)
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- ½ cup almond butter (can use any nut butter of choice)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- OPTIONAL: ¼ cup cocoa nibs or dark chocolate chips for topping
- OPTIONAL: Serve with 1 tablespoon of nut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the bananas and mash them together with dry ingredients using a fork until blended. It should be a thick and gooey consistency.
- Coat a square baking pan with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil using a paper towel or cloth. Pour the mixture into the pan spreading it out evenly. Top with cocoa nibs or dark chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake the brownies for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out slightly wet (see notes above). If you prefer a more dense brownie, cook the brownies a little longer until your toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm topped with 1 tablespoon of nut butter.
TIP: If you like your brownies to be a little thinner, I recommend adding a few tablespoons of water or dairy-free milk.