I'm obsessed with chocolate and coconut! As a results of my incessant love for both of these delicious ingredients, I created this protein packed chocolate coconut pudding! This pudding packs in a whopping 25 grams of protein per serving and is packed with essential nutrients including Vitamin A and K due to a secret green ingredient that you would NEVER know is in this decadent treat...
I'll give you a hint. It starts with an "S"and Popeye used to eat it everyday. Hmm...could it be spinach?! Yes! Don't get freaked out... I promise you CANNOT taste it at all. Seriously; you won't even know you're eating your greens, which makes this treat even more awesome.
I make this pudding in bulk and store it in individual mason jars in the fridge to eat as a quick snack or a healthy dessert throughout the week. I also love this pudding as a post-workout snack as a swap for the standard protein shake. Honestly this pudding is great any time of the day. I mean who doesn't love coconut and chocolate?! It's like eating a Mounds bar without the guilt. #Winning
TIP: You need to eat 20-30grams of protein within 30 minutes of working out to promote muscle growth!
Start to finish: 5 mins
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (20-25g of protein/scoop) I love Orgain's vegan powder
- 1 Tablespoon of unsweetened coconut flakes (I love Edward & Sons Let's Do Organic Toasted Coconut Flakes)
- ½ banana (frozen if you want to eat it immediately)
- ½ cup of almond milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon milled flax seeds
- 1 big handful of spinach
- Mason jar or a small container
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container like a mason jar in the fridge for a minimum of 20 mins, or leave in overnight. The longer it sits, the thicker the pudding will get.
- Top with coconut flakes before eating. Eat within 5-7 days.